Wednesday 25 November 2009

Pineapple Cucumber Salad


I always wanted to make a diary of my recipes which i have tried and tested from magazines/ cookbooks/ Food Blogs etc.. I have a Notebook of recipes too but i want pictures as well to remember how the recipe turned out. So from now on i will try and include recipes in this blog.

This is a Tarla Dalal salad which came in my email - Pineapple Cucumber Salad.I tweaked the recipe by adding sugar instead of honey and added mint leaves and omitted lettuce altogether as my mum is not very fond of that.


Recipe:-


1 Cup pineapple cut into small pieces

1 Cup cucumber cut into small pieces

6 Cherry tomatoes halved

2 Tbsp Chopped coriander

2 Tbsp lemon juice

1 1/2 tbsp roasted Chana Dal -Coarsely powdered

salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Method :-


  • In a bowl combine the lemon juice ,honey,chana dal powder ,salt and pepper and mix well.

  • Add the rest of the ingredients and toss lightly.

  • Serve immediately.