Monday 14 December 2009

Life without Mum

My mother left for India after four months of stay with us. She came 15 days before my due date. She was suppose to leave after 3 months but we extended her stay for a month more.

She has been a great support throughout these months.The way my pregnancy turned out - i can't imagine not having her and getting recovered so quickly.To make my life easier she has cooked meals for me and put them in freezer- i think i won't have to cook much for this month.She entertained and cooked elaborate meals for my friends as well.

On Friday we took her out to Panna's Restaurant for dinner. Ambiance was good and food was all right. We had Virgin Pina Colada for drinks,Karahi Bhindi (Okra rolled in spiced Gram Flour) and Masala Papad as starters/ Dal Makhani,Malai Kofta and Diwani Handi( A blend of different garden vegetables cooked with spices ) accompanied with Tandoori Rotis and Pudina Parathas.

Saturday was the D-day when she was leaving. She made Rajma Chawal and Aloo Chaat for Lunch.We were busy packing and checking weight of her luggage.Before sending her off we had coffee and Scones from Cafe Nero.

Sunday - We cleaned the house and did no cooking at all.In afternoon we went to our local Costa Cafe and had coffee with Paninis for lunch.We had Maggi Noodles for our Evening dinner.

Monday - First day alone with the baby.I was up very early mainly because i was anxious and wanted to be on top of chores around the house.Throughout the day Aayush seemed not very happy - i am thinking that he too is missing my mum.I took him out for a walk after his second feed and he slept throughout.After Dinner which we finished by 7:30 pm - i was so exhausted that i slept for an hour.

I am keeping myself busy by meeting friends and also planning some outings with Aayush. I am a control freak and i think that makes things difficult.I like to have a routine and micro manage things. One of the resolutions for next year should to just relax and take each day as it comes.